Irrigation Mobile Survey System- Application of SuperGIS Mobile Engine June 6, 2009Posted by Bahadir Sahin in Duyuru (Announcements), English, Haber (News).
Tags: Chang Hua Irrigation Associations, Irrigation Mobile Survey System, SuperGIS Mobile Engine
SuperGeo successfully develops ‘Irrigation Mobile Survey System’ for Chang Hua Irrigation Associations, Taiwan. The System is used to plan irrigation facilities, like canals and drainage channel, and to query and measure related facilities.Chang Hua Irrigation Associations utilize ‘Irrigation Mobile Survey System’ to plan irrigation facilities, such as irrigation canals and drainage channel, and to query, orient, and measure the relative facilities.
SuperGIS Mobile Engine is the core of Irrigation Mobile Survey System. With the various GIS components and the highly flexible development structures provided by SuperGIS Mobile Engine, developers can customize numerous buttons on toolbars, forms, etc., to meet users’ needs and to simplify the developing procedures. Moreover, since the association provides mobile devices for surveyors, each mobile device installing the system facilitates surveyors to do outdoor survey. SuperGIS Mobile Engine not only assists developers to establish the system effectively and flexibly, but also reduces the cost of development and extensive deploying the systems to mobile devices.
The friendly interface of Irrigation Mobile Survey System enables surveyors to complete the following tasks:
1. GIS basic manipulations, such as zoom in/out, panning, adding layers, etc.
2. Orientation Query, such as intersections, landmarks, cadastral, channels, etc.
3. Statistics analysis allows developers to measure irrigation area, cadastral area, channel length, and so on.
4. Data management assists users to query and maintain the data, such as irrigation facilities, works data, financial data, and also enables users to print statement and location map.
5. Camera function. With the activated GPS in PDA, as the user is taking pictures, the system can record the user’s coordinates and add a point feature on the map to create a corresponding image layer. Therefore, users can display the picture by hyperlink.